Day 14

June 25

It's been 2 weeks since I left america which means 5 weeks to go. I keep thinking it's been so long but we still have so far to go. We're probably about 1/3 of the way done with the Camino since we get to Santiago on July 17 and then continue to walk the 87 km to the coast of Spain. Each night has been spent in an different city in northern spain and the first 2 nights in southern France. Currently sitting in a plaza in Burgos at a concert for some native girl who has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard singing indie and reggae music. I'm falling in love.

Today I walked the full 28 km and my Achilles felt amazing. I kept up with emma rn and marnix too who both walk abou 3 mph or 5-6 km so I felt really accomplished. I missed walking and was amazed at how much better walking is when I can do it mostly painfree. Hopefully the injury stays healed and I can continue walking without being in pain or bussing. It also was a lot of fun to walk with emma and marnix for the first time in a while.

I don't have a lot to report for today since most of it has been hiking and it's still early in the evening but we plan on getting tapas and pizza and of course more sangria. But it's been an amazing day just by the simple fact of walking the whole way and the only problem being that my feet got tired. And this music is so beautiful and just having me groove to it. It's so amazing to be genuinely happy again.

Comments