Day 21

Happy 3 week anniversary of me being in espana! Today was kind of a strange day in a way. I didn't expect it to be. Me and will got breakfast at a cafe and then came back to the albergue and just laid around and I watched Netflix and he took a short nap and then he went out wandering by himself. It felt so good to sleep in and just relax for a day without having to worry about catching a bus or going to class or walking 30 km. I wanted to go to the hospital yesterday for my foot since doctors visits are usually free for pilgrims here and I'm curious if I should take more time off from the Camino. Will is going to stay in Leon another couple days and then catch up with us in a later town because of his blister.

I bought some anti inflammatory cream for my foot so hopefully that helps some. Will got a prescription yesterday but today he realized it was the wrong one. They just have him prescription ibuprofen so we went back to a pharmacy and got him the real antibacterial drug so he should actually be getting better now. We basically just walked around and got food and drank all day. The cathedral cost money so we didn't go in but I might go back when the rest of the class is here.

I think my foot is slightly better but it still hurts if I put a lot of weight on it suddenly like when I walk down stairs or shift my weight quickly. But I hope it's better by tomorrow and I can continue walking with the group. But I'd like a doctors permission to walk since I don't want to damage my body for this trip. So I'm trying to play it safe and give my body the break it needs.

The main news of today was since I've been away from emma and marnix, he told emma he'd pay for them to get a hotel room and at first she was nervous so she asked me to stay there with them. She also told him she wouldn't sleep with him and I guess he was disappointed but said he understood and didn't want to make her life more complicated. But now I think she's considering it. Honestly I'm really confused about where her mind is. I mean she has a boyfriend and doesn't know if she should tell him she has this connection with marnix.

So now I'm feeling kind of left out since they've had 2 days together alone and things might actually pick up with them. I mean before they were just flirty but if they're actually gonna be together then they're gonna want alone time and I'll just be left out. So originally the plan was for the 3 of us to hang out in the hotel together but now it seems like I'm not really invited so I booked another nght at the albergue with will so I at least have a bed. And honestly this albergue is really nice. I mean we have a private room and private bathroom near the center of town so I'm happy staying here. I just was looking forward to hanging out with emma and marnix more than getting real towels and a queen bed.

I can't really be mad since they seem to really get along I'm just worried that either they'll be together and I'll be excluded or they won't and it'll just be awkward and that'll also ruin our relationship. And I feel bad for Emma's boyfriend. I really don't think she'll cheat on him but I think her connection with marnix is making her rethink her relationship. There's just a lot changing already. I don't know how to help emma make this decision because I really don't think I can. But I can tell she's really struggling coming up with the right answer.

Comments