Day 27

July 8

It's my first day hiking in a while. We're in foncebadon which is a really run down little town in the mountains. Me and emma taxied here to rest a little more and there's a wild herd of sheep that runs around the town you can pet. The albergue is really cool. The people here are really spiritual and kind. I also found some donkeys and pet them and when I was trying to leave their pen, the 2 boxed me in and one of them bit me on my arm which scared me more than hurt.

The Cruz de ferra is only 2km from the town so me and emma agreed to walk to that and after that she wanted to keep going and another couple we met Christian and Anna were also planning on taxing so we agreed we'd go to the next town and talk there about how far we wanted to go. So we walked another 3km to a little albergue in the middle of nowhere that is owned by a Templar night and has lots of wild animals. I found a dog that was chained up and when I started walking over to it he started wagging his tail so I started petting him with marnix but then he growled and lunged and tried to bite my hand so I jumped back and now I'm slightly scared of all dogs.

From there we walked another 3km or so to the top of the mountain and then called a taxi from there. It was Christian Anna emma marnix and me so the fare was pretty cheap split 5 ways. And while we waited for the taxi we just looked out over the mountains and talked. After that we just ate lunch and hung out and then went to a swimming hole in the river. There's a big dam which makes for a great little lake with really Cold water and people jump off the bridge. It was freezing cold so I just stuck my feet in it and it helped with the swelling.

It's a cute little town but the prices are insane. The grocery store is very expensive and at dinner they charged 15 euros for 1 liter or sangria which is crazy for Spain. Usually it's around 8 Euros. Me emma and marnix ate dinner with caroline kip and Christina which was pretty fun and kip thinks it's funny how mean emma and I are to marnix. It was nice to spend time with a slightly different group of people.

Today was honestly a pretty good day. The mountains are beautiful and I really like Christian and Anna. My foot still really hurt though so by the end of the day I was ready to be done. It's hard trying to find a compromise of pushing myself but not breaking myself so I'm still trying to figure it out.

Comments