Day 28
July 9
Today I tried to push myself and walk. I made it about 10km to ponferrada and then decided to bus the other 15 km to cacabelos. I probably could've pushed myself more but I didn't want to injure myself and there was a bus station since it was a big city which is way cheaper than getting a taxi although it would've been a shorter ride. When I bought my ticket at 8:12 am I had 3 minutes to rush to the bus since it left at 8:15 or else I would have to wait until 11 which I didn't want to do. So I made it on the bus and when I got to town I just sat in a park and sat on my phone and people watched.
There was a really cute street market going on so I wandered through that and went to the church in town and then went to a cafe and got beer and pasta and waited for everyone else to get to town. While I was sitting outside emma and marnix walked past and then went to the albergue to be first in line. I accidentally left my poles outside the church and when I went back they were gone so I don't have hiking poles anymore which is really unfortunate.
I probably won't buy another pair since i only have about a week and a half left of hiking but I really like walking with them. The rhythm helps me a lot and it gives my arms something to do so they don't feel completely useless. It also helps take weight off my bad foot which I could really use. But I'll survive. The municipal albergue is pretty cool. It's in the courtyard of a church and has individual rooms with 2 beds in each. Emma and marnix got their own room and I ended up sleeping with Sibel which was just as well.
I napped as soon as I got to town because I was so exhausted and then for class we looked at a mural and had to analyze it. I realized I've been doing my journal wrong and am supposed to be more subjective which I clearly am not doing. Most of my journal is my feelings since this trip is very emotional. So I'm going to try to start explaining the day without my emotions although I doubt itll be very successful. Then we got dinner mostly as a class but I just got fries in garlic butter and it took so long to get food eventually me and emma just left early and went to a bar to drink cocktails. I had a Margharita and 2 mojitos and they were so good and the bar was playing old 2000s r&b so I was jamming.
Christian and Anna also happened to stop by so we drank with them while they ate and then marnix came after he finished his dinner. Honestly I was so happy just drinking and dancing with emma. It's been a while since I've been that carefree. Emma said she couldn't wait to drink with me back at school and I'm really excited too. It just felt good to let loose and enjoy the Camino without being in excruciating pain for once.
Today I tried to push myself and walk. I made it about 10km to ponferrada and then decided to bus the other 15 km to cacabelos. I probably could've pushed myself more but I didn't want to injure myself and there was a bus station since it was a big city which is way cheaper than getting a taxi although it would've been a shorter ride. When I bought my ticket at 8:12 am I had 3 minutes to rush to the bus since it left at 8:15 or else I would have to wait until 11 which I didn't want to do. So I made it on the bus and when I got to town I just sat in a park and sat on my phone and people watched.
There was a really cute street market going on so I wandered through that and went to the church in town and then went to a cafe and got beer and pasta and waited for everyone else to get to town. While I was sitting outside emma and marnix walked past and then went to the albergue to be first in line. I accidentally left my poles outside the church and when I went back they were gone so I don't have hiking poles anymore which is really unfortunate.
I probably won't buy another pair since i only have about a week and a half left of hiking but I really like walking with them. The rhythm helps me a lot and it gives my arms something to do so they don't feel completely useless. It also helps take weight off my bad foot which I could really use. But I'll survive. The municipal albergue is pretty cool. It's in the courtyard of a church and has individual rooms with 2 beds in each. Emma and marnix got their own room and I ended up sleeping with Sibel which was just as well.
I napped as soon as I got to town because I was so exhausted and then for class we looked at a mural and had to analyze it. I realized I've been doing my journal wrong and am supposed to be more subjective which I clearly am not doing. Most of my journal is my feelings since this trip is very emotional. So I'm going to try to start explaining the day without my emotions although I doubt itll be very successful. Then we got dinner mostly as a class but I just got fries in garlic butter and it took so long to get food eventually me and emma just left early and went to a bar to drink cocktails. I had a Margharita and 2 mojitos and they were so good and the bar was playing old 2000s r&b so I was jamming.
Christian and Anna also happened to stop by so we drank with them while they ate and then marnix came after he finished his dinner. Honestly I was so happy just drinking and dancing with emma. It's been a while since I've been that carefree. Emma said she couldn't wait to drink with me back at school and I'm really excited too. It just felt good to let loose and enjoy the Camino without being in excruciating pain for once.
Comments
Post a Comment