Day 30

July 11

Today was tough. It wasn't a long hiking day based on the number of kilometers. The first 5 kilometers were flat and along the road and then the last 8km were straight up a steep mountain which was very difficult. The major problem was that my Achilles injury came back. So the uphill was really painful and every few steps i had a super sharp pain in my left Achilles that took my breath away. But I made it up the hill for the full 13 km and the view was beautiful.

We stayed at O Cebreiro which is on top of a mountain and looked out over rolling hills and little towns nestled in the valleys. It was also cool because you could see the strart of a mountain range where the meseta ended. So we all just sat outside the albergue waiting for it to open eating and talking. It's fun hanging out with Lucas and will and Christian and Anna and of course emma and marnix. 

There weren't shower curtains which was definitely interesting to just be naked with Corbyn and Kira. But it wasn't a huge deal. And then I did laundry which had racks that looked over the mountains again which was weirdly beautiful to look at while hanging up laundry. And then I took a nap until caroline woke me up for class. And then after class emma marnix and I went to get a pilgrim meal which was good but nothing note worthy. And then after that we sat outside again and took in the view until I went to bed at around 930. 

It wasn't a very exciting day but it felt good to be able to hike the whole day with the class. My right foot tendonitis definitely hurts but I was able to ignore it up the hill and just power through it. Hopefully my foot won't backfire on my from pushing it too hard but I'm hoping it slowly starts healing so I can walk the last week to santiago. A week from today we will be in Santiago!

Comments