Day 31

July 12

Today was scheduled to be 32 kilometers with a steep downhill which I knew wouldn't be possible with my injured feet since my Achilles injury is clearly here to stay this time. So my goal was to walk to the town before the steep downhill which was about 15km. My tendonitis feels horrible when I go downhill and I didn't want to push myself too hard. So once I made it there I asked a cafe owner to call me a taxi. The guy who picked me up wasn't really a taxi. It was a guy delivering packs and I just rode with him as he made deliveries and then he dropped me off in Samos but it only cost about 20 euros which was pretty cheap for 15km.

Once I got there I went to a bar across the street from the monestary and i looked at the book for albergues. I knew the monestary was donativo which would be cheaper but it wouldn't have opened until 1 and I was exhausted and it ended up that I was at a fairly cheap private albergue so I went inside and asked for a bed and about 20 minutes later the hospitalarios came out to tell me the room was clean and I could pay later so I went straight into bed and fell asleep for 5 hours.

I woke up at 5 and was worried I missed class but marnix told me it wasn't until 530 and was just a tour of the monestary which is one of the oldest and largest monestaries in the world. So we toured that which was beautiful. The tour was in Spanish so I didn't really understand it but there were beautiful court yards and artwork so it was interesting to walk around although my feet were shot from even doing half the hike.

After that emma marnix and I got dinner at my albergue. Emma and I split a burger and got some lemon beer and then I made marnix buy me ice cream so it was a pretty nice meal and then I went back upstairs and fell asleep by 930. I knew I would be able to sleep in the next morning since it was only a 15km day so I slept about 10 hours until 7am. It felt so good to finally catch up on sleep. I've been exhausted the past couple days and I felt like I couldn't rest enough to feel caught up. The albergue I was at was super nice and had a bathtub and free washer and dryer which would've been fantastic if I was conscious. But catching up on sleep was the perfect day for me so I didn't mind missing out a couple things.

Comments