Day 32

July 13

Today was another fairly short day. Only 15 km and I did the whole thing. Emma is pretty injured after walking the full 32km yesterday so we walked together the whole day at my pace which was nice to have company. And we actually made really good time. Only Lucas and kip beat us to the albergue. Galacia is a beautiful area of Spain though. Much much better than the meseta and there's some big hills but most of the time it's just rolling hills.

My Achilles was killing me on the uphills. It gets very sharp pain every few steps that I have to stop and catch my breath to breathe through the pain. And my right foot with tendonitis seemed to spread to my ankle which was really bothering me. And of course the blister on my big toe on my right foot. Caroline said it's probably a blood blister and emma said she thinks it's under my nail so it's just super sensitive and bothers me with each step.

So tonight I soaked my feet in epsom salt and cool water while hanging out with the whole group on the roof terrace of the albergue. It's called O Durminum or something in sarria but it's amazing and only 10 euros. It just was fun to hang out with everyone and listen to older songs from the 2000s and then we all went in a circle and played one of our favorite songs. I really like the whole group and it was sweet because I was sitting at a different table with my feet in a tub of water so then Christian and Anna and Corbyn and Michael brought the party to my table. I think the group really likes hanging out with me and it's nice to feel wanted and included

Once we got into town it was pretty usual. I showered and did laundry and then sat on the terrace and marnix made us a sandwhich with ham, pesto, basil, tomato, and fresh mozzarella and it was amazing and we just ate the sandwhich and lays chips and drank lemon beer and then I came down to the room and took a 2 hour nap before class and then after class me and emma went to the church down the street to see it and get our stamp and then we had dinner at the albergue as a big group which was really fun and the food was delicious and comfort food which felt good after a couple long days of hiking. Im not walking a long distance but with my feet I am definitely pushing myself so I am exhausted by the end.

Tomorrow we are taking a bus to Lugo which is a big city on the primativo which is a different path for the Camino and then the day after we will hike from there to Santiago. So we should arrive in About 5 days which seems like very little time. From lugos it is only about 99 km left which is a huge improvement than the original 790 km. After that we walk to finistera which is another 80 km I think and then we walk back in time to Santiago for the festival of saint James which will be a lot of fun to stay in a town for more than 1 night and drink and just enjoy ourselves without worrying about waking up early or hiking. This trip is almost over which seems crazy to think about. Almost down to the last 2 weeks. The past month has flown by and i don't know if it's a good or bad thing. 

Comments