Day 35
July 16
I hiked the full 27 kilometers today which was difficult but not unbearable and it felt good being able to walk the full thing. I overslept a little bit in the morning so emma woke me up at 6 and said she was leaving so I left about 15 minutes after her and sent my pack ahead so i just slack packed with my daily necessities which kept s lot of weight off my feet which helped a lot. The hike also wasn't too bad so after a first couple kilometers of limping while my feet warmed up I had a good pace.
We ended up walking up this mountain in the fog and at the top the fog created a rainbow so that it looked like we were hiking through a rainbow. After about 15 kilometers I ran into emma leaving a cafe so we sat down and had breakfast together and then walked the last 12 kilometers together. It went by pretty fast st first and then the last 4 kilometers seemed to drag on forever but eventually we crossed the river into ribadiso.
When we got there Christian Anna and Sybel were already there. Christian and Anna said they only took a taxi from the last city because Anna's hip was bothering her and sybel claimed she taxied from the last town too but she was 6 kilometers behind us and isn't a super fast walker which meant she would've had to leave at 4am to make it to melide at the same time we did. I don't mind her taking the taxi but it's getting old that she lies bout it.
Then me and emma went to the bar and eventually most of the class joined us and we just ate a big sandwhich and drank lemon beer and then went back to the albergue and I accidentally slept through a large majority of class which I felt guilty about. So when I woke up I wandered around town looking for the group so I could go to as much as possible. And then after that we went back to the bar for dinner and just had tomatoes with salt since I wasn't very hungry and then went to bed at around 930.
It was so hot falling asleep so I left my sleeping bag bundled up in my backpack and just used my towel as some sort of weight to put over my body. But when I woke up around 2am I was freezing and had to go get my sleeping bag or else I would've had a miserable nights sleep. I felt pretty good today. My emotions were pretty content but being able to finally walk a decent distance without being in intense pain and taking a taxi felt really good. Emma said she was proud of me and I was proud of me too. Im hoping my feet pain stays this moderate the rest of the way to santiago and then to finistera. Only 40km left to Santiago and then after that I probably won't walk the full 90 km to finistera since it'll be mountainous and I'm really enjoying not being bed ridden especially since I have to go back to work when I get home.
I hiked the full 27 kilometers today which was difficult but not unbearable and it felt good being able to walk the full thing. I overslept a little bit in the morning so emma woke me up at 6 and said she was leaving so I left about 15 minutes after her and sent my pack ahead so i just slack packed with my daily necessities which kept s lot of weight off my feet which helped a lot. The hike also wasn't too bad so after a first couple kilometers of limping while my feet warmed up I had a good pace.
We ended up walking up this mountain in the fog and at the top the fog created a rainbow so that it looked like we were hiking through a rainbow. After about 15 kilometers I ran into emma leaving a cafe so we sat down and had breakfast together and then walked the last 12 kilometers together. It went by pretty fast st first and then the last 4 kilometers seemed to drag on forever but eventually we crossed the river into ribadiso.
When we got there Christian Anna and Sybel were already there. Christian and Anna said they only took a taxi from the last city because Anna's hip was bothering her and sybel claimed she taxied from the last town too but she was 6 kilometers behind us and isn't a super fast walker which meant she would've had to leave at 4am to make it to melide at the same time we did. I don't mind her taking the taxi but it's getting old that she lies bout it.
Then me and emma went to the bar and eventually most of the class joined us and we just ate a big sandwhich and drank lemon beer and then went back to the albergue and I accidentally slept through a large majority of class which I felt guilty about. So when I woke up I wandered around town looking for the group so I could go to as much as possible. And then after that we went back to the bar for dinner and just had tomatoes with salt since I wasn't very hungry and then went to bed at around 930.
It was so hot falling asleep so I left my sleeping bag bundled up in my backpack and just used my towel as some sort of weight to put over my body. But when I woke up around 2am I was freezing and had to go get my sleeping bag or else I would've had a miserable nights sleep. I felt pretty good today. My emotions were pretty content but being able to finally walk a decent distance without being in intense pain and taking a taxi felt really good. Emma said she was proud of me and I was proud of me too. Im hoping my feet pain stays this moderate the rest of the way to santiago and then to finistera. Only 40km left to Santiago and then after that I probably won't walk the full 90 km to finistera since it'll be mountainous and I'm really enjoying not being bed ridden especially since I have to go back to work when I get home.
Comments
Post a Comment