Day 38

July 19

Emma and I agreed last night we would bus today since we were in so much pain yesterday so we slept in until about 8 and then went to a wonderful little pastry shop and got coffee and a chocolate croissant and a fruit tart. After that we went to a grocery store and bought some fruit and got to the bus about 10 minutes before we left. The bus ride was pretty and it was drizzling so the forests seemed extra magical. When we got to town we tried to find the public albergue and then gave up and just went to a cafe-bar where I had my first beer at 1030am.

Then we just wandered around town looking for the albergue and eventually I looked up directions and we found will and the 3 of us walked out of town up a giant mountain to get to this albergue. I didn't know which private albergue kip had made my reservation for so I couldn't check in so I just hung out with Will Lucas Christian Anna and emma until their albergue opened up and they checked in and then me and emma went back into town and got another beer and empanadas. Some old man came over and started hitting on us so I got an ice cream to go and we headed to a different bar and got more beer and then kip texted emma that I should come check in so we went our separate ways.

So right now I'm laying in bed at the albergue still exhausted after my 13 hour sleep last night and finally catching up on yesterday and today's blog. Tomorrow there is no reservation since all the private albergues were full so emma and I want to leave at around 5am tomorrow to walk 33km through steep mountains to be there early enough to get a bed or else we have to stealth camp again which means another night of shitty sleep.

I plan on checking my bag tomorrow so at least I can keep some weight off my feet and give my arches more time to heal and recover so hopefully the walk tomorrow isn't bad. Mine and Emma's goal for tomorrow is 20km so that if we walk more than that we'll be impressed but we also are very open to the idea of taxing if walking is unbearable. The 2 of us are just trying to get through the last 3 days of hiking with the best attitude possible but this trip just keeps hitting harder and harder every day.

Comments