Day 40
July 21
Emma and I walked the whole 33 km to Muxia today. It was definitely difficult at the end but felt good to be able to walk the full day especially since it was a long day for everyone. When we saw the ocean from the top of a hill we both got so excited and motivated but we didn't know it was another 8km hike from that point because we had to walk all the way around the peninsula and the Camino kept winding so it was really frustrating and I was getting super cranky by the end of it.
But eventually we got to the white sand beach and stripped and put my feet in the ocean with Steven and kip and Lucas and will. Most of them went fully in the water but it was way too cold so I just stood with my feet in the sand and cold water and then laid down and just enjoyed the feeling. I was so much happier reaching Muxia than I was when I got to Santiago. It felt like a real accomplishment. We had started in France and walked across the entire country of Spain. That sounds crazy to say and I felt so proud of myself.
My feet were killing me but it was such an exciting feeling to finally be happy and proud of myself for what I accomplished on this trip. After that we all walked to the albergue and took showers and did laundry and then just laid in bed and rested and waited for the rest of the group to show up. Me and emma went to dinner around 530 and ended up at this place with mojitos and other cocktails so I got a burger and fries and then I got drunk and just had a good night celebrating that we had made it.
Then we went to the grocery store and bought ice cream and chips and just sat outside our albergue talking about our lives and I explained a lot about my relationship with nate and my exes and she talked about her exes and her struggle with choosing between marnix Dunn and nico. She talked about sex with marnix which for some reason made me super uncomfortable. Probably because I know marnix and hes not someone I find sexually attractive at all so I can't imagine him being good at sex but I'm happy for her.
I went to we around 10 pm which was pretty late but the day after is a rest day for the class in Muxia and so I knew I could sleep in and have nothing to do the next day. I let emma read the letter nate had written me for this trip and she was crying and telling me how he was the best boyfriend ever as if I didn't already know. That boy has been such a blessing in my life and I love talking about him and sharing about how he treats me. So it just was a good night although my feet were really sore from the long walk.
Emma and I walked the whole 33 km to Muxia today. It was definitely difficult at the end but felt good to be able to walk the full day especially since it was a long day for everyone. When we saw the ocean from the top of a hill we both got so excited and motivated but we didn't know it was another 8km hike from that point because we had to walk all the way around the peninsula and the Camino kept winding so it was really frustrating and I was getting super cranky by the end of it.
But eventually we got to the white sand beach and stripped and put my feet in the ocean with Steven and kip and Lucas and will. Most of them went fully in the water but it was way too cold so I just stood with my feet in the sand and cold water and then laid down and just enjoyed the feeling. I was so much happier reaching Muxia than I was when I got to Santiago. It felt like a real accomplishment. We had started in France and walked across the entire country of Spain. That sounds crazy to say and I felt so proud of myself.
My feet were killing me but it was such an exciting feeling to finally be happy and proud of myself for what I accomplished on this trip. After that we all walked to the albergue and took showers and did laundry and then just laid in bed and rested and waited for the rest of the group to show up. Me and emma went to dinner around 530 and ended up at this place with mojitos and other cocktails so I got a burger and fries and then I got drunk and just had a good night celebrating that we had made it.
Then we went to the grocery store and bought ice cream and chips and just sat outside our albergue talking about our lives and I explained a lot about my relationship with nate and my exes and she talked about her exes and her struggle with choosing between marnix Dunn and nico. She talked about sex with marnix which for some reason made me super uncomfortable. Probably because I know marnix and hes not someone I find sexually attractive at all so I can't imagine him being good at sex but I'm happy for her.
I went to we around 10 pm which was pretty late but the day after is a rest day for the class in Muxia and so I knew I could sleep in and have nothing to do the next day. I let emma read the letter nate had written me for this trip and she was crying and telling me how he was the best boyfriend ever as if I didn't already know. That boy has been such a blessing in my life and I love talking about him and sharing about how he treats me. So it just was a good night although my feet were really sore from the long walk.
Comments
Post a Comment