Day 41 & Day 42
July 22
Today was a rest day so this will be very short and boring. My feet are killing me since I pushed myself yesterday so I haven't really left the albergue today besides getting food. Emma is tired too so we've just been laying in bed and napping on and off. Everyone else went to the beach but it's a 2km hike there and I really don't think I could do it.
It sucks that when I'm proud of pushing myself my body hates me and so the next day I spent all day in bed and don't get to explore. It's not horrible though. I know my body needs it I just wish I got to experience Muxia more. Me emma Christian and anna went out and got mojitos and fries for dinner and then bought ice cream at the super market and just hung out and ate. I really like Anna and Christian so it's gonna be hard when they leave in a couple days.
July 23
Emma and I woke up around 6am to hike the last 30km. She fried us some eggs we had left over from our egg sandwiches yesterday and then we headed out. My feet still really hurt so my goal was to make it half way to 15km and then taxi from there to give my feet a break and also in hopes I can actually explore finistera tomorrow. It was confusing to get out of the city and find the Camino since we didn't have any maps but I used google maps and we only had a couple dead ends before getting on the Camino.
The morning hike was difficult with a steep uphill but eventually it evened out and was a really pretty hike. My feet definitely hurt though and I'm not sure how to fix it. At the 15km mark in lires we stopped at a cafe and waited since Corbyn woke up with a sore throats and her blister really isn't doing well so I told her I'd take a taxi with her. So we sat around as a group just talking and eating for about 2 hours and then when everyone else got up to go, Sibel stuck around. I knew she'd try to take the taxi with us simply because she didn't want to walk.
So I asked her if she planned on leaving soon and she said yes but her voice seemed very unsure. So when me and Corbyn went inside the cafe to call the taxi she followed us inside. And when I got back from paying at the counter she told me she would come with us because she simply didn't want to walk anymore. Corbyn was pissed and I don't blame her. Corbyn really loves hiking the Camino and doesn't understand why Sibel doesn't even try.
Once we got to the albergue Corbyn was so sick and her bag that she sent ahead wasn't there yet so I put my sleeping bag over her because she was freezing and she immediately fell asleep. I just laid in bed watching Netflix and took a nap. Emma and Lucas got there soon after. Again, it was a lazy night but felt good to just lay low and rest my feet.
Today was a rest day so this will be very short and boring. My feet are killing me since I pushed myself yesterday so I haven't really left the albergue today besides getting food. Emma is tired too so we've just been laying in bed and napping on and off. Everyone else went to the beach but it's a 2km hike there and I really don't think I could do it.
It sucks that when I'm proud of pushing myself my body hates me and so the next day I spent all day in bed and don't get to explore. It's not horrible though. I know my body needs it I just wish I got to experience Muxia more. Me emma Christian and anna went out and got mojitos and fries for dinner and then bought ice cream at the super market and just hung out and ate. I really like Anna and Christian so it's gonna be hard when they leave in a couple days.
July 23
Emma and I woke up around 6am to hike the last 30km. She fried us some eggs we had left over from our egg sandwiches yesterday and then we headed out. My feet still really hurt so my goal was to make it half way to 15km and then taxi from there to give my feet a break and also in hopes I can actually explore finistera tomorrow. It was confusing to get out of the city and find the Camino since we didn't have any maps but I used google maps and we only had a couple dead ends before getting on the Camino.
The morning hike was difficult with a steep uphill but eventually it evened out and was a really pretty hike. My feet definitely hurt though and I'm not sure how to fix it. At the 15km mark in lires we stopped at a cafe and waited since Corbyn woke up with a sore throats and her blister really isn't doing well so I told her I'd take a taxi with her. So we sat around as a group just talking and eating for about 2 hours and then when everyone else got up to go, Sibel stuck around. I knew she'd try to take the taxi with us simply because she didn't want to walk.
So I asked her if she planned on leaving soon and she said yes but her voice seemed very unsure. So when me and Corbyn went inside the cafe to call the taxi she followed us inside. And when I got back from paying at the counter she told me she would come with us because she simply didn't want to walk anymore. Corbyn was pissed and I don't blame her. Corbyn really loves hiking the Camino and doesn't understand why Sibel doesn't even try.
Once we got to the albergue Corbyn was so sick and her bag that she sent ahead wasn't there yet so I put my sleeping bag over her because she was freezing and she immediately fell asleep. I just laid in bed watching Netflix and took a nap. Emma and Lucas got there soon after. Again, it was a lazy night but felt good to just lay low and rest my feet.
Comments
Post a Comment