Day 43 & Day 44
July 24
My feet still felt like garbage so once again I spent most of my day in bed. Emma will and I went to the grocery store and I got chocolate covered Oreos and of course the tomato and garlic lays chips which was basically my only meal of the day. I laid in bed watching Netflix. Corbyn slept for 30 hours straight basically is slowly starting to get better. I'm frustrated my feet feel so awful. Emma went on a hike up to the top of a mountain and had beautiful pics and I didn't go because I knew my feet would be so miserable.
It's hard trying to balance with pushing myself and not injuring myself beyond repair. The albergue made us dinner again. Tonight was salad and then rice and lentils which was really simple but filling and pretty good considering the class budget covered it. Given, the class budget is money I paid a couple months ago so it's not really free but it makes me feel better about myself so I'll take it.
After that we walked 2.5 kilometers up a mountain to watch the sunset at the end of the word. It was hard on my feet but resting all day helped so I could get through it. Steven has a pretty bad blister so he walked with me slower and then took a picture of me next to the 0.0 kilometer marker for the Camino. The sunset was really bright but didn't have a lot of colors. It was still amazing to sit at the light house and watch the sunset over the ocean and let it sink in that I walked across an entire country.
Then me and Steven walked down to the albergue together and the entire class had a bonfire with some of the other people in the albergue. It was a really relaxing night. Will played guitar and sang a song which was amazing since he hardly ever plays in front of people and people in the group passed around chocolate bars and wine in plastic cups. And at around 12 I said goodnight and hobbled my way to bed since my feet and mind were both exhausted.
July 25
We had to wake up early to catch the bus from finisterra to Santiago and it took about an hour and a half to get there. But we're back at the la salle albergue where we stayed last time we were in Santiago last week. It's basically like a hotel which is super relaxing after hiking for so long. And again the cnu class budget is paying for it which is wonderful.
Emma and I went to look at tattoo parlors for me to get a tattoo and her to get her eye brow pierced but both places we checked out were closed mid day because of siesta and the festival for saint James. So we split a crepe with egg and bacon in it and wandered around the city before going back to the first tattoo place and making an appointment for the next day at 6pm.
I'm nervous about the pain but I've known I wanted Orion's Belt tattooed on me since 7th grade so I know I won't regret it. I just don't know what to expect but I'm glad emma is coming with since she has gotten tattoos before she is also getting a piercing so she's in the same boat as I am. After that, Steven will Lucas emma Michael and I went to a kabab place which was pretty far away but totally worth it. It basically tasted like a gyro wrap which was amazing and super filling. And then after that we walked back and Steven and I got kind of lost but decided to stop at an amazing pastry place.
The same place I had gone too with emma last time we were in Santiago. It's on San roque if any of y'all are interested. But I got the fruit tart again and it was amazing. I've been talking to steven a lot more lately and he's definitely fun to hang out with. Only weird part was he asked me about emma and marnix and if I thought they'd be together I said short term but not long term and then he kept asking about emma and marnix and why she broke up with nico and I tried to stay vague since it really wasn't my place to tell. But I told him that emma just needed some independence and time away from nico to figure out herself and what she wanted which is true. And I left it at that.
Emma still has no idea what or who she wants. She talks about marnix way more than she ever talked about nico but I'm not sure if that's just because I met marnix so it makes more sense or what. I don't think either of them will make her happy in the long run. They're too much of push overs. She wants someone who will challenge her and call her out on her bullshit and I don't think nico or marnix will do that.
My feet still felt like garbage so once again I spent most of my day in bed. Emma will and I went to the grocery store and I got chocolate covered Oreos and of course the tomato and garlic lays chips which was basically my only meal of the day. I laid in bed watching Netflix. Corbyn slept for 30 hours straight basically is slowly starting to get better. I'm frustrated my feet feel so awful. Emma went on a hike up to the top of a mountain and had beautiful pics and I didn't go because I knew my feet would be so miserable.
It's hard trying to balance with pushing myself and not injuring myself beyond repair. The albergue made us dinner again. Tonight was salad and then rice and lentils which was really simple but filling and pretty good considering the class budget covered it. Given, the class budget is money I paid a couple months ago so it's not really free but it makes me feel better about myself so I'll take it.
After that we walked 2.5 kilometers up a mountain to watch the sunset at the end of the word. It was hard on my feet but resting all day helped so I could get through it. Steven has a pretty bad blister so he walked with me slower and then took a picture of me next to the 0.0 kilometer marker for the Camino. The sunset was really bright but didn't have a lot of colors. It was still amazing to sit at the light house and watch the sunset over the ocean and let it sink in that I walked across an entire country.
Then me and Steven walked down to the albergue together and the entire class had a bonfire with some of the other people in the albergue. It was a really relaxing night. Will played guitar and sang a song which was amazing since he hardly ever plays in front of people and people in the group passed around chocolate bars and wine in plastic cups. And at around 12 I said goodnight and hobbled my way to bed since my feet and mind were both exhausted.
July 25
We had to wake up early to catch the bus from finisterra to Santiago and it took about an hour and a half to get there. But we're back at the la salle albergue where we stayed last time we were in Santiago last week. It's basically like a hotel which is super relaxing after hiking for so long. And again the cnu class budget is paying for it which is wonderful.
Emma and I went to look at tattoo parlors for me to get a tattoo and her to get her eye brow pierced but both places we checked out were closed mid day because of siesta and the festival for saint James. So we split a crepe with egg and bacon in it and wandered around the city before going back to the first tattoo place and making an appointment for the next day at 6pm.
I'm nervous about the pain but I've known I wanted Orion's Belt tattooed on me since 7th grade so I know I won't regret it. I just don't know what to expect but I'm glad emma is coming with since she has gotten tattoos before she is also getting a piercing so she's in the same boat as I am. After that, Steven will Lucas emma Michael and I went to a kabab place which was pretty far away but totally worth it. It basically tasted like a gyro wrap which was amazing and super filling. And then after that we walked back and Steven and I got kind of lost but decided to stop at an amazing pastry place.
The same place I had gone too with emma last time we were in Santiago. It's on San roque if any of y'all are interested. But I got the fruit tart again and it was amazing. I've been talking to steven a lot more lately and he's definitely fun to hang out with. Only weird part was he asked me about emma and marnix and if I thought they'd be together I said short term but not long term and then he kept asking about emma and marnix and why she broke up with nico and I tried to stay vague since it really wasn't my place to tell. But I told him that emma just needed some independence and time away from nico to figure out herself and what she wanted which is true. And I left it at that.
Emma still has no idea what or who she wants. She talks about marnix way more than she ever talked about nico but I'm not sure if that's just because I met marnix so it makes more sense or what. I don't think either of them will make her happy in the long run. They're too much of push overs. She wants someone who will challenge her and call her out on her bullshit and I don't think nico or marnix will do that.
Comments
Post a Comment